Chicago, IL 60607
The Human Resources Generalist will drive assigned HR projects, provide support for day to day HR related work and be responsible for the HR system. The successful candidate will be part of the corporate HR team reporting to the HR Director and will support functional HR team members with recruiting, onboarding, benefits, etc. and working cross functionally to roll out projects. Projects may include HRIS implementation, training, performance management and other initiatives which are critical in delivering an exceptional employee experience.
The successful candidate will also handle, along with the HR team, daily HR responsibilities for employees in the corporate office and provide support to field sites, as needed. This role requires a person who has strong experience in all functions of human resources and who has worked in a generalist role in an industrial, multi-site company for more than 5 years. Being flexible with the ability to multi-task and take on project work is crucial to be successful in this role.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Possess thorough knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local employment laws, HR operating procedures and best practices.
· Learn the Hydro company culture and gain a general understanding of our business.
· Manage employee relations activities (open enrollment, employee wellness programs, NEO, training, and other programs)
· Organize and drive assigned projects, track progress and provide status reporting and ongoing communications with the team members and HR Director.
· Utilize applicable software to monitor and update progress.
· In conjunction with the HRIS team members, work toward completing the implementation of the HRIS system and learn business processes that are needed to help with a successful implementation process across the company. This involves employee data and employee reporting.
· Assist with recruitment and onboarding of skilled labor employees.
· Work independently with minimal supervision
· Handle all other HR and administrative duties as assigned.
Education and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Strong knowledge of HR processes with 8+ years working as a HR Generalist experience required
- Experience in a privately held, medium size, multi-site industrial organization highly desired
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- HRIS data management and experience with implementing an HR system highly desired
- Excellent level demonstrated experience with an HRIS and/or ERP system
- Unrivaled attention to detail with high quality work
- Ability to work with a team with tact and diplomacy
- Maintain strong confidentiality
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, excellent judgment, attention to detail and follow through are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time