Chicago, IL 60607
Salary: $0.00 /year
We are Hydro, Inc., a global, industrial pump reengineering company with corporate headquarters in a highly desirable West Loop neighborhood in Chicago. As the largest independent aftermarket pump reengineering company in the world, Hydro’s provided engineering expertise, pump repair and support services to the industry since 1969. Our mission is to work hand-in-hand with our valued customers around the world to optimize the performance and reliability of their pumping systems by evaluating and understanding root causes of pump degradation or failure and by providing unbiased engineering analysis, quality workmanship, and responsive field service for improved plant operation.
We have a fantastic full-time career opportunity in Chicago for a qualified Shop Planner in our Engineering Department to work with the following requirements:
• Planning aftermarket pump jobs for the shop personnel.
• Develop shop work orders for new and repaired pump components in compliance with the Hydro quality program and internal process control procedures.
• Reference engineering drawings, weld procedures, work scopes, vendor quotes, and customer specifications to create work orders and requisitions.
• Interact with shop, engineering, quality assurance, contracts engineering personnel to ensure the customer, design and quality program requirements are included in shop work orders.
• Work with shop foremen, machinists, welders, mechanics on executing work orders for the manufacturing and repair of components.
• Develop material purchasing requisitions with required technical requirements.
• Coordinate as required with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, sales, production, accounting personnel, metal finishing, and assembly.
• Approve ECR/ECN’s.
• Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
• Use Epicor ERP system to generate documentation.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Understand blueprints.
• Proficient computer skills with MS Office Suite.
• Experience with an ERP System and knowledge of Epicor ERP system a plus.
• Associate Degree desired.
• 3-5 years planning experience in a manufacturing, industrial or pump company.
• 4 years + of industrial related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Pump industry background desired.
• SolidWorks experience a plus.
We offer a competitive package with a full suite of benefits. We are located near all forms of public transportation and offer our employees free parking.