Salary: $1.00 /hour
- THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHICAGO, IL.
- RELOCATION* AND SIGN ON BONUS FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE*!
We are Hydro, Inc., a global, industrial pump reengineering company with corporate headquarters in Chicago. As the largest independent pump rebuilder in the world, Hydro’s provided engineering expertise, pump repair and support services to the industry since 1969.
Our mission is to work hand-in-hand with our valued customers around the world to optimize the performance and reliability of their pumping systems by evaluating and understanding root causes of pump degradation or failure and by providing unbiased engineering analysis, quality workmanship, and responsive field service for improved plant operation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to be our Machine Shop Supervisor for our Aftermarket Pump Repair Shop located in a great neighborhood in the West Loop in Chicago, IL. The qualified candidate is responsible for effectively running the shift. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the shop floor processes to optimize the use of all resources and equipment while meeting and/or exceeding established goals. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the machinery and supporting functions.
· 5+ years of supervisory experience in an industrial aftermarket environment managing the work of machinists, mechanics and other shop personnel.
· Demonstrate an employee focused leadership approach toward shop employees.
· Plan shop activities effectively – Understand the requirements set by the customer for each individual pump job and provide a detail-oriented job status report. Work with shop employees and management to organize and scheduled work.
· Ensure goals are met – Control and monitor manufacturing of ongoing jobs amongst the in-house departments in the machine shop. This includes collaborating with assembly, inspection and weld shop personnel.
· Communicate daily with the Shop Manager and transition in process work to the next shift supervisor.
· Seek out input from Engineers on shop floor issues.
· Meet customer’s deadlines – Work off preset dates to accomplish and complete the finished product in a timely manner.
· Follow through on the scope of work report – Responsible for providing purchasing with the correct materials needed for each job. Ensure the materials are on site prior to the start of each job.
· Review drawings and understand the complete blueprint in order to explain the job to our shop personnel.
· Coordinate the work and people to handle emergency work on weekends when required.
· Demonstrated safety knowledge – Follow and adhere to all safety guidelines established by the company. Lead and train others on safety guidelines.
· Be able to perform multiple tasks and manage multiple project simultaneously.
· Prior manual machinist experience with machining refurbished, large parts on horizontal boring machines and vertical boring machines.
· Solve repair issues while maintaining exemplary leadership qualities.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experience using an ERP system a plus.
· Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Experience in an equipment repair shop, ideally related to pumps or power generation
- Basic background in manual machining and welding
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
- Good mathematical and print reading skills
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Additional education such as an Associate’s degree or higher is a plus
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
Excellent compensation for the right candidate, complete benefit package, company 401k match. This is a position with growth opportunities.
We are in a desirable residential neighborhood in a very nice shop with free parking, close to great restaurants, public transportation and expressways.