Hydro is seeking a talented Pump Mechanic/Millwright professional to join our team in ourHydro Rocky Mountain facility in Denver, CO. This is a state of the art, clean working facility in a fantastic location.
Candidates who are interested in relocating from areas such as: Texas, Wyoming, and other heavy industry areas are encouraged to apply. This is an opportunity for a qualified Pump Mechanic to obtain a position with the world’s largest independent pump engineering company.
Relocation assistance can be provided for the qualified candidate who resides out of state.
We offer competitive pay and will provide training for candidates who have significant experience working as a mechanic or millwright with heavy equipment.
The Pump Mechanic is responsible for assembly, disassembly, and reassembly of rotating type equipment and performing machining and tooling as required. The Pump Mechanic will operate required tools and conduct routine maintenance to ensure pump components and machinery are in proper working condition.
- Diagnose, disassemble, repair, and rebuild pumps of all types
- Interpret blueprints and schematic drawings in order to determine work procedures and construct foundations for pump assembly and disassembly
- Conduct pump installations, laser alignments, and welding processes as required
- Perform inspections on machinery and equipment to ensure proper working condition
- Conduct routine maintenance of pumps and other machinery to ensure functionality
- Operate manual, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric tools
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Clean and apply lubricant to pump components
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS (KSAOs):
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance
- Knowledge of load bearing capabilities of equipment utilized
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and schematic drawings
- Skill in identifying issues in machinery and troubleshooting problems effectively
- Ability to use variety of power and hand tools
- Ability to read and comprehend inspection tools
- Strong oral and written expression and comprehension
- Manual dexterity
- Control precision
- Critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to lift up to60 lbs
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Millwright mechanic or formal training from an accredited technical college or trade school or completion of an equivalent multi-year apprenticeship program
- 3+ years of experience as a pump mechanic or in a similar role performing assembly, installations, and welding of large pumps and rotating equipment
TECHNOLOGY, TOOLS, & MACHINERY:
- Manual, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric tools used to operate machinery
- Technical blueprints
- Assembly drawings
- Micrometers, gages, and other inspection tooling
- Fork trucks, overhead cranes