We are Hydro, Inc., a global pump re-engineering company located in a highly desirable neighborhood in the West Loop in Chicago. We have a great opportunity for a Lead Systems Administrator in our Corporate office. The successful candidate will assist with the overall Hydro network infrastructure and lead a small IT team. You will be a hands on lead, performing functions necessary to support the local office and all of our global locations. This requires a person who is highly flexible with their time and understands that in the IT role in a global organization you must be willing to do ‘whatever is necessary’ to support the business units in different time zones. Demonstrating a team approach and working effectively with our senior staff members on current and future projects is necessary in this role. Exceptional customer service and flexibility is also required.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a small IT team including desk top support and systems administrator.
- Mentor team on applicable technologies and systems.
- Manage, coordinate and track various IT projects effectively and be aware of the daily workload of all staff members.
- Support a global company with all user-related PC matters.
- Active Directory administration (user/group creation, permissions, etc.)
- Windows and Linux server support, maintenance and upgrades
- Experience with Mikrotik routers a big plus
- Experience with Cisco and Dell switches a big plus
- VMware vSphere monitoring, support, update, upgrade and scale-out expansion
- Veeam Backup and Replication experience with replication (Veeam Backup and Replication 9x)
- Install Software, patches, performance monitoring and troubleshooting alerts
- Helpdesk system knowledge and work with an SLA-defined responsive-oriented department
- Ability to monitor, support and respond in a 24/7 environment on an on-call basis
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- 5 years leading, supervising, delegating work and mentoring a small team
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience with Microsoft, Linux/*NIX, VMware, networking, storage (SAN/NAS) technologies
- MCSA/MCSE, VCP, CCNA certification desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory design, configuration and administration
- Proficiency with managing and maintaining Virtualization technologies (VMWare vSphere suite: ESXi, vCS, vRA)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and practices (Veeam Backup and Replication, VMware SRM)
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking when selecting and deploying methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to achieve desired results
- Project experience, involving work on multiple projects as a project leader or subject matter expert
- A motivated and dedicated individual with hunger to start hands-on, learn and improve an existing infrastructure.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, free on-site employee parking and a family culture within our organization. Interested candidates submit your resume for immediate consideration.