Come join out team in Houston, Texas!
We are Hydro, Inc.,a global industrial pump reengineering company headquartered in Chicago.
As the largest independent pump rebuilder in the world, Hydro’s provided engineering expertise, pump repair and support services to the industry since 1969. Our mission is to work hand-in-hand with our valued customers to optimize the performance and reliability of their pumping systems by evaluating and understanding root causes of pump degradation or failure and by providing unbiased engineering analysis, quality workmanship, and responsive field service for improved plant operation. We have a great opportunity as a Field Services Representative for the right individual. You will perform necessary mechanic support and preventative maintenance of equipment and be a customer liaison to help with sales.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work in the field at the customer site and in our repair shop as a pump mechanic when not in the field.
- Travel to and from customer site, overnight travel as required.
- Equipment installation and troubleshooting of assigned equipment for new Customers and extensions for existing customers.
- Training and ongoing support for Customers, sales and other in-house personnel
- Responsible for all related aspects of Customer calls, including the timely completion of service reports, expense reports and weekly time reports.
- Retain and develop strong and long term relationships with Customers, sales and in-house support staff.
- Act as Customer liaison and help drive customer issues to resolution.
- Drive Customer retention and loyalty in order to increase our long-term profitability.
- Gathering Customer information including product and business information.
- Proactively identifying areas of improvement and with products and services.
- Resolve customer problems promptly.
- Identify sales leads and feed information back to Sales.
- Some heavy lifting required
- To be available and on-call 24/7 except during planned absences (vacation, medical, etc.)
- Oftentimes called upon to be away on projects for extended periods of time. Typical productivity / travel is 65-80%
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Extensive knowledge of high energy pumps and pumping applications along with proven sales abilities.
- Strong, hands on working knowledge of OEM pumps and pumping equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis and judgment skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Demonstrates patience and ability to work with the Customer under any and all circumstances
- Understands while on-site, the field service technical advisor is the immediate link to Hydro companies and will act in the best interest of the company at all times.
- Minimum 5 years field or shop experience working on high energy pumps and pumping equipment
- History of cross OEM experience is a major plus
- Extensive hands-on experience with high energy pumps and pumping equipment
- Previous aftermarket sales experience and/or field service experience is a plus.
- Good general computer application skills particularly with Microsoft Office and Adobe
Hydro Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching contribution, paid time off and much more! You will be based from home with extensive overnight travel.