Salary: $0.00 /hour
We are Hydro, Inc., a global, industrial pump reengineering company with corporate headquarters in Chicago. As the largest independent pump rebuilder in the world, Hydro’s provided engineering expertise, pump repair and support services to the industry since 1969.
Our mission is to work hand-in-hand with our valued customers around the world to optimize the performance and reliability of their pumping systems by evaluating and understanding root causes of pump degradation or failure and by providing unbiased engineering analysis, quality workmanship, and responsive field service for improved plant operation.
We have a fantastic full time career opportunity for a qualified Manual Machinist to work in a controlled job-shop work environment with the following requirements:
Fully experienced in using both horizontal boring machines and vertical boring machines.
· Experienced in using centre-lathes.
· Experienced in machining pump components such as impellers, wear-rings, bearing housings, covers, seals.
· Experienced in machining pump shafts 3- 10 feet in length. The candidate must be able to hold very close tolerances over this length (<0.0005”) for the long length, grooves, threading, etc., using a steady rest. The candidate must also be highly experienced in cutting shaft threads
· Experienced in machining pump casings including the line boring of axially split pump casings.
· Necessary skills such as boring, threading and facing a must. Candidate must be proficient with the following measuring tools: micrometer, calipers, depth gages, fixed gages, go-no-go gages and templates.
· Ability to set up and use jigs, fixtures (collets), arbors, mandrels, centers, clamps.
· Sufficient mathematical skills are required to compute angels, radii, bolt circles and other dimensions. Work to tolerances within .001 inch.
· Must be able to do tool layouts, read blueprints, adjust feed rate, depth of cuts.
· Experience machining refurbished, large parts in a shop environment.
· Ability to mill shafts 3 feet to 6 feet will bring additional compensation.
· Fluent in English.
· A minimum of 7 years post-training experience is required.
Journeyman status or equivalent desired. Candidates experienced in the pump or, rotating equipment industry strongly considered. Excellent compensation for the right candidate, complete benefit package, company 401k match. This is a position with growth opportunities.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including matching 401k.
Come join us!