La Porte, Texas
We are Hydro, Inc., a global pump reengineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL and seeking a Pump Mechanic who can effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and repair problems with mechanical type equipment with an emphasis on pumps, valves, motors and/or rotating equipment.
This position will work out of our LA PORTE, TEXAS facility. Hydro is a great company to work for and we have been in business for 49 years.
Selected candidate must have experience with disassembly and reassembly of rotating type equipment. Perform basic machining and tooling as required. Operate manual, pneumatic, hydraulic and electric tools, as well as fork trucks, overheads cranes. You will work in a team environment with co-workers and supervision; communicate in a clear and concise manner; show respect for employees at all levels and act with integrity at all times.
- Must have 5 plus years hands on experience performing job shop repair and assembly and disassembly including pumps, valves, rotating equipment.
- Millwright mechanic or formal training from an accredited technical college or trade school or completion of an equivalent multi-year apprenticeship program.
- Experience working with precision measuring equipment: large mics, calipers, etc.
- Ability to work shift work if needed, and overtime as required.
- Basic computer skills needed to perform job functions if needed in a computer based maintenance system.
- Five or more years experience in machining and tooling in a machine shop environment desired.
- Knowledge of working with electric motors.
- Journeyman or US Military experience a plus.
- High School diploma.
Excellent compensation for the right candidate, complete benefit package, company 401k match. This is a position with growth opportunities and we are located in a clean, organized shop