Chicago, IL 60607
We have a great opportunity for a junior staff accountant to work for a global organization. The successful candidate will work with a corporate accounting team in our corporate office in the West Loop. We are seeking a candidate who is willing to train and we will consider someone with 1-3 years experience in Accounting. The candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports for several divisions of the organization.
• Compiles and analyzes monthly financial information to prepare monthly financial statements including journal entry preparation, account reconciliation and variance analysis
• Completes closing process for A/R, general ledger, inventory and cash modules on a monthly and annual basis
• Prepares supporting schedules required for year-end financial audit, bank audits and tax reporting
Assists with the preparation of the consolidation of the company’s financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis
• Prepares various monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings
• Assists with the annual budgeting process
• Identify process improvement opportunities and initiate and lead in the implementation of those improvements
• Special projects assigned by the corporate controller
Desired Skills and Experience /Qualifications:
• 1-3 years of related professional experience
• Strong computer skills especially with Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with various Accounting/ ERP Systems
• Ability to work independently, as well as closely with a team
• Collaborative and detail oriented• Strong analytical skills
• Responsible individual with the ability to communicate effectively
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
We offer a very competitive benefits package. We are located in a very desirable neighborhood in the West Loop near all forms of public transportation.
Please send your resume if you meet these requirements, we are looking forward to speaking with you!