Come Join our team! We are Hydro, Inc., an industrial pump reengineering company currently looking for a QC inspector for our Chicago facility. This is a fantastic full time career opportunity to work in a controlled job-shop work environment with the following requirements:
- Two (2) years experience as a QC inspector with familiarity with using large, precision measuring tools.
- Dimensionally inspect parts using precise measuring instruments such as: outside micrometers, gauges, calipers, inside micrometers.
- Know how to calibrate measuring tools for machine shop and inspection reports.
- Flexible, able to work first and/or second shift and overtime, as required.
- Inspect incoming pump parts, take OD diameter and ID diameter
- Compile inspection reports
- Identify defects and worn out components in parts.
- Develop detailed reports for incoming, in process and final inspection.
- Must have good computer skills, familiar with MS Office suite.
- Knowledgeable about the requirements of a formal safety program: OSHA, ISO, etc.
- Previously worked in a fabricating machine shop with large, moving parts and rotating equipment.
- Ability to multi-task in order to service the customer.
- Detailed, organized approach to your work.
- Must have excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work and interact well with all shop personnel.
- Willing to go to customer site to process incoming inspections, if needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Candidates experienced in the heavy industry strongly considered. US Military experience a plus. Excellent compensation for the right candidate, complete benefit package, company 401k match. This is a position with growth opportunities.