We are Hydro, Inc., a global pump re-engineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL and seeking a Pump Mechanic – Field Service Technician who can effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and repair problems with mechanical type equipment with an emphasis on pumps, valves, motors and/or rotating equipment. Hydro is a great company to work for and we have been in business for 50 years.
Selected candidate must be flexible with your schedule with the ability to travel since this position works in the shop and in the field, when needed. We are a service oriented company and provide top-notch support to our customers. You will work on first shift (6:00am-2:30pm) as a pump mechanic in our new, state of the art shop when not travelling and you will also work in field service. To be successful in this role you must have experience with disassembly and reassembly of rotating type equipment, perform basic machining and tooling as required, operate manual, pneumatic, hydraulic and electric tools, as well as fork trucks, overheads cranes. In the shop, you will work in a team environment with co-workers and supervision; communicate in a clear and concise manner; show respect for employees at all levels and act with integrity at all times.
- Must have 5 plus years hands on experience performing job shop repair and assembly and disassembly including pumps, valves, rotating equipment.
- Millwright mechanic, field service or formal training from an accredited technical college or trade school or completion of an equivalent multi-year apprenticeship program.
- Experience working with precision measuring equipment: large mics, calipers, etc.
- Ability to work shift work if needed, and overtime as required.
- Basic computer skills needed to perform job functions if needed in a computer based maintenance system.
- Five or more years experience in machining and tooling in a machine shop environment desired.
- Knowledge of working with electric motors.
- Journeyman or US Military experience a plus.
- High School diploma.
Excellent compensation for the right candidate, complete benefit package, company 401k match. This is a position with growth opportunities and we are located in a clean, organized shop.