Salary: $0.00 /hour
Hydro, an independent pump aftermarket company is looking for a part time CAD drafter to join our graphics team. As a CAD drafter you’ll be responsible for creating pump assemblies, mechanical and special tooling and industrial environments. This position will work closely with our technical artist to create full pump assemblies to be animated in our interactive maintenance platform. The CAD drafter should have experience working with solid parts and assemblies, interpreting cross sectionals, and creating accurate 3D environments with minimal photo references and general arrangement drawings.
You are a good fit for this role if you are a team player who’s extremely knowledgeable in Solidworks, can create 3D assemblies with minimal cross sectionals and references, excel in working in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects at once, and are not afraid to ask questions to understand the form and function of each pump component.
- Work closely with our technical artist to create geometrically accurate assemblies and sub-assemblies to be used in our interactive maintenance platform.
- Organize assets in appropriate folders to be utilized in multiple projects.
- Create assemblies in a manner that allows for different parts to be animated separately.
- Accurately create and name components in Solidworks, based on bill of materials provided by our engineering team, to be used in our in house animation software.
- Fill out Solidworks PDM data cards to expedite transfer of assemblies to other software.
- Map out and create 3D environments for various pump assemblies based on GA drawings and picture references.
- Create or find appropriate 3D mechanical tools to be used in our animation software.
- Create fly throughs and simple animations in Solidworks to be used in videos and other editorial content.
- Accurately assign appearances and decals to components for use in still renders or various animation projects.
- Have a deep understanding of lighting, cameras, and rendering in solidworks.
- Experience using Photoview 360, Visualize, and Keyshot in the best way to expediate rendering of animated projects.
- Experience with Photoview 360 network render client, to utilize our in-house rendering farm.
- Associate’s degree as a CAD drafter or related field.
- 1-2 years experience creating solid parts and assemblies.
- 1-2 years experience in network or cloud rendering
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Solidworks (parts, assemblies, PDM data cards)
- Appearances, decals and accurate materials for solid parts and assemblies
- Photoview 360 (Lighting, cameras, network render client)
- Keyshot (setting up scene, materials, lights, cameras, cloud renders)
- Eager to learn and understand pump components and their function
- Ability to learn new systems and software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Maintains a positive attitude and fosters collaboration