We are an industrial company in Chicago currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a custodian. The ideal person is willing to take on non-routine responsibilities as our needs arise. The custondian will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing shop areas, bathrooms, hallways, offices, dining room and public areas. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a growth oriented company.
Essential Job Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building’s operational schedule
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Cleans shop, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways, mezzanine and windows.
- Performs garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash, watering plants, etc.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
- Reports any maintenance or other problems found to shop manager.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms
- Inventories janitorial supplies weekly and gives inventory to office manager for necessary reordering.
- Collaborates with workers and other professionals when requested
- Assists Shop Manager as needed.
- Minor preventative maintenance on shop industrial machines.
- Minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Install appliances and equipment
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Scheduled preventive maintenance duties on machines, tools, and appliance
Candidate Job Requirements:
- Prior experience working as a custodian and has a hands on maintenance background.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and safety focused.
- Timely response to requests.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Good attendance and safety record.
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects if needed up to 50 lbs.